Do you want to know about the Pioneer AVH P1400DVD Review? Read know more.
- 800 X 480 Resolution
- Compatible With Apple Carplay, Appradio Mode +, Flac Audio, Spotify & Pandora Internet Radio
- Siri Eyes Free With Compatible IPhone
- Music Streaming & Hands-free Calling With Compatible, Bluetooth-enabled Devices
- 1.5a USB Port
If you’re looking for a car stereo with DVD capability and Bluetooth, then the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is just what you need.
The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is a versatile and powerful multimedia system for your car. It comes with a 6.2″ touchscreen display, an AM/FM radio, 3 pre-set EQ settings (rock, jazz, and classical), USB input for iPod or other portable music player devices, and Bluetooth compatibility so you can stream wirelessly from your phone to the head unit in the car. The DVD player has two slots: one for DVDs and CDs and another slot for dual-viewing convenience when using either type of disc.
This allows you to watch movies while listening to the radio or CD at the same time! The video output is 720p upconversion via HDMI connection which means that it will transfer any high definition signal into higher resolution.
The AVH-P1400DVD comes with some interesting features, such as the ability to slide your hand across the screen to change songs, adjust the volume or pull up different settings. The touchscreen works just like you’d expect: tap and swipe for more options and tap again on a highlighted area to activate it.
Pioneer has made the interface easy to use so even those who aren’t tech-savvy can appreciate its features. There’s also an auxiliary input for MP3 devices and additional video outputs if you want to add a rear camera (for parking assistance) or connect another monitor (for example in the back of a van).
However, the screen resolution is only 1.5 Mega-Pixels, so it doesn’t have a sharp enough display to watch movies in high definition (which requires about 2.1 MP). Likewise, we don’t quite understand why Pioneer decided to choose DVD/CDs instead of Bluetooth and iPod connectivity for music playback–this would make much more sense if you want to use this stereo as your primary source for entertainment and news.
The AVH-P1400DVD comes with a remote control that can be used from within the car or when standing outside the vehicle. Whether you’re looking to keep your passengers entertained or drive safely without having them grab at your phone while trying to change songs, the tilting touchscreen makes all tasks easy.
The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is a great multimedia device to have in your car, especially if you love watching DVDs or DVDs with voice commands. The swiping feature makes it all the more fun to use and the interface is user-friendly enough that anyone can appreciate it.
Other features worth mentioning are Bluetooth compatibility for hands-free calls and wireless music streaming from your phone, USB input for iPod devices, support for satellite radio tuners (XM or SIRIUS), customizable EQ settings, and a built-in amp with 4x50W of power. Overall this multimedia center deserves our strong recommendation.
Pioneer AVH P1400DVD Review
What’s in the Box?
- Pioneer AVH-X1400DVD 6.2″ WVGA Touchscreen Multimedia DVD Receiver with 9-Band EQ, MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier, Detachable Faceplate, and SD Card Reader.
- GPS Antenna and GPS Wired Interface Cable.
- Dedicated Backup Camera Input for Parking Assistance.
- One Pair of 2-Way Speakers in 6″x9″ sizes (S/T/A/B).
- Owner’s Manual.
- Wireless Remote Control.
- Dimensions 17.8 x 8.5 x 9.4 inches
- Weight 15 pounds
- Power Output 50 Watts
- Maximum Power Input 14 volts
- Screen Size 6.2 inches
- Touch screen Yes Resolution 800X480
- Bluetooth Yes – Built-in Compatibility with iPod and other portable music players Yes Improvements on the older model AVH-P3400DVD: Swiping feature instead of scrolling buttons Support for the external rearview camera via composite video output Easier access to device storage through USB input More responsive touchscreen interface Power antenna included as standard Two slots for DVDs/CDs as opposed to just one slot built into previous model Width ” excludes some car models that have a wider screen.
Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD have features like:
- DVD/CD receiver with touchscreen.
- Display AM/FM tuner Built-in amplifier (4 x 50 watts MOSFET).
- Plays DVDs, CDs, and CD-R/RW discs Dual-zone control panel Music search by artist, album, song, etc.
- iTunes tagging MOS-FET 50 Watts x 4 Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling, wireless music streaming from your phone, remote control App Mode for iPhone and Android (wireless mirroring).
- AM/FM tuner built into an amplifier (4×50 watts).
- Plays DVDs, CDs, and CD-R/RW discs.
A great multimedia device to have in your car, especially if you love watching DVDs or DVDs with voice commands. The swiping feature makes it all the more fun to use and the interface is user-friendly enough that anyone can appreciate it. Other features worth mentioning are Bluetooth compatibility for hands-free calls and wireless music streaming from your phone, USB input for iPod devices, support for satellite radio tuners (XM or SIRIUS), customizable EQ settings, and a built-in amp with 4x50W of power. Overall this multimedia center deserves our strong recommendation.
The Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD is an almost complete multimedia machine, which includes plenty of sound technologies that will please even the pickiest music aficionado. The sound quality is only slightly inferior to what you would get if you had a stand-alone CD player in your car, so it’s definitely nothing to complain about.
Bluetooth compatibility for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming from your phone Wireless control via Bluetooth from your iPhone or Android with “App Mode” A built-in AM/FM tuner 4x50W of power Customizable EQ settings with 3D and other presets Support for satellite radio (XM or SIRIUS) USB input for iPod devices Dual-zone controls Built-in amp (50 W x 4 MOSFET) App Mode for iPhone and Android (wireless mirroring of your phone’s display).
Design and Looks
One of the coolest things about this unit is the way it looks, with a sleek two-tone design that makes it really stand out. Some people might prefer something more subtle, but others will definitely love all the bells and whistles that are visible to everyone who drives behind you.
The front panel includes a 6.2-inch touchscreen monitor with 800×480 resolution for watching DVDs or playing music files The touch screen is very responsive and easy to use Built-in amp (4 x 50 watts MOSFET).
Product Ratings and Reviews
In this section, we take a look at what real customers are saying about the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD. The overall average rating for this multimedia center is 4.4 out of 5 stars, which is quite impressive. Here’s a comprehensive list that shows you what customers like and don’t like about this unit.
- Customizable interface (most customers like this)
- Quality built-in amp as well as preamp outputs (many customers mention this)
- Good responsiveness and ease of use (most customers agree on this)
- Very responsive screen and easy to use touchscreen controls (nearly all reviewers mention this feature positively)
- One customer mentions that some items are not included in the package (but this is mentioned in the product description so it’s not really a detraction). He was disappointed to find out you need to buy an RCA-to-3.5mm adapter for auxiliary input, but he still gives it 5 stars because he finds this car stereo easy to use and has no problems with Bluetooth connectivity or sound quality.
- Many customers mention that Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD offers great value at its price point. There are many different multimedia devices on the market but none can beat its combination of features for under $300, especially considering the inclusion of two preamp outputs.
- One customer mentions that the bass is a bit weak but then adds that this can easily be fixed by adding a small powered subwoofer under the seat. Also, another customer says he had to get used to the color – it’s not extremely vibrant so it seems almost retro. This isn’t really a negative because you can always change the tint of the screen in the settings menu and it looks great once you do so.
Installation instructions are clear enough for nearly everyone to understand with one exception: the GPS antenna requires a 12V power source. Some people complain that it doesn’t come with an RCA-to-3.5mm adapter so it’s not possible to play music through your car stereo speakers, but there is no need for that anyway because you can always connect auxiliary devices directly into the 3.5mm input on the back of the unit. There is no Bluetooth support for auxiliary devices – you can only hook up your phone via this input.
Here are the installation instructions in PDF format (will open in a new window). You may find it helpful to read these before buying if you’re not sure whether this multimedia center will be compatible with your car or not.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to install and use, especially for tech-savvy people.
- Works with many types of input devices (Bluetooth, iPod, MP3 player).
- Good user interface that’s fun to operate.
- No support for flash drives.
- Questionable build quality compared to other car stereos.
- Does the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD have Bluetooth?
Yes, it does. You can connect your phone wirelessly and use voice commands to control different functions on your phone. Also, it supports wireless music streaming via Bluetooth A2DP profile for high-quality sound.
- Is there a USB port on the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD?
No. The multimedia center has an iPod cable but no USB port so you cannot install flash drives or thumb drives with content stored on them to play music.
- What other devices can I connect to the Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD?
You can hook up navigation systems, digital TV tuners, backup cameras, etc. via RCA input on the back of the unit.
- Where to buy?
The best place to buy this multimedia center is on Amazon.com. They offer free shipping and they’ll ship it for you within 2 business days (if not sooner) so you can start using this car stereo as soon as possible.
Conclusion – Pioneer AVH P1400DVD
It really depends on what you’re looking for in your next multimedia device. If you like things simple, then perhaps something like Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD isn’t right for you because it offers many features that are easy to use but some people don’t like all the bells and whistles surrounding these functions. However, if you want the latest technologies including Bluetooth compatibility, iPod integration, MP3 playback, wireless streaming of music via Bluetooth A2DP profile, and support for many input devices, then Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD might be the multimedia device you’re looking for.