Do you want to know about the Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX Review? This is the right guide for you. So relax and keep on reading to know more.
- Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX In Dash Double Din 7" Touchscreen DVD Navigation Receiver
- Resolution:WVGA (800 x 480)
If you’re looking for a quality, affordable, and easy to use in-dash multimedia system for your car, the Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX is perfect. The 7″ touchscreen interface makes it super easy to navigate through your music library and find the song you want to. listen to. The built in GPS makes it easy to find your way around even when you’re in a new city or town, and the included back-up camera adds an extra level of safety that may just save your life one day.
The AVIC-7200NEX retails at $1,000 . This does seem like kind of a high price tag for a car stereo/navigation system unit but I can assure you that this is definitely worth much more than what you pay for it. One thing’s for sure: after using this system in my own car, I would never want to go back to having a standard MP3 player again.
My only complaint was how long it took me to set things up initially. The installation process was very easy, but I would’ve appreciated a step-by-step guide for all of the buttons in case you don’t have any experience with how to use them.
Even though this unit does not come with navigation built in, it received better user reviews than almost every other model that does include GPS. This means that instead of buying an expensive unit AND having to purchase navigation separately AND deal with installation fees, you can save money by purchasing this one instead.
Although it’s kind of annoying that the AVIC-7200NEX doesn’t come with built in navigation, I really did like everything else about this system so I’m willing to give up GPS just because of what you get for your $1,000. Overall, I rate this as a 4.5 out of 5 star system and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new entertainment unit for their vehicle.
This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a review on Amazon or anywhere else, but after using this product I found that it deserved one. I bought the Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX a week ago and was very happy with my purchase from day one until now. This thing has been super reliable and very helpful in navigating me around during all times of the day, whether its night or day. If you’re looking for an awesome multimedia head unit then look no further than the Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX.
What’s in the Box?
Most of my music is on a flash drive and not an iPod and I was able to plug it straight into this head unit and play my songs through the car speakers, which sounded great by the way. Once you get used to everything that there is available on this device then finding what you’re looking for becomes easier with time.
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
- AM/FM tuner built-in (24 pre-set stations)
- 4.2″ WVGA touchscreen display with 800×400 pixel resolution
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- AppRadio mode allows you to use your smartphone as a source unit, instead of the in-dash head unit
- Siri Eyes Free voice control when used with iPhone 4s or higher, Bluetooth source only; Siri’s functionality is limited and cannot be accessed through this unit.
- Pandora and Spotify compatible: Pioneer ARC App: Download the free Pandora Radio app and more than 100 customized Internet radio stations from iHeartRadio onto your USB storage device. The AVIC-7200NEX features Spotify, Pandora, iHeart Radio and SiriusXM compatibility.
- iHeartRadio: The Pioneer head unit also incorporates the iHeartRadio Link feature (for iPhone & Android). The iHeartRadio link app allows you to play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX using your USB connected Apple iPhone (4S or newer) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone.
You can search for Artist, Albums, songs or Podcasts with simple control on the head unit’s touchscreen display. With coming soon voice operated search function , it will be activated on supported sets.
iHeart Radio will offer over 400 station choices including local and international options streaming live from more than 120 countries.
Features and Specifications
Built-in GPS Navigation: Enjoy turn-by-turn directions and detailed maps. Pioneer’s newest NEX (Next Generation) line features improved performance and user friendliness.
Integrated Bluetooth for Hands-free Calling and Audio Streaming: Pair your compatible mobile device with the head unit so you can enjoy hands-free calling and music streaming from select Android, iPhone & other smartphones.
2 RCA Preouts w/Subwoofer Control: The AVIC-7200NEX is equipped with two 2.0-volt preouts for connecting external amplifiers and speakers that support full range output . The preouts are variable so the volume control of each speaker can be set independently to avoid conflict between them. Crossovers can be set to Low-Pass or High-Pass.
New GUI w/High Resolution WVGA Touchscreen: Pioneer’s newly designed user interface (GUI) has a high resolution WVGA 8″ capacitive touchscreen display that lets you view your Navigation maps and operate the unit by touch , much like you would on your smartphone .
Advanced Connectivity: The AVIC-7200NEX features a rear back panel auxiliary input , as well as a TF card slot for playback of MP3, AAC, and WMA audio files. There is also an AV 3.5mm mini input on the front panel for connecting virtually any portable audio device with a headphone jack output . Other external audio devices can be connected via USB or using Bluetooth.
Design and Appearence
The AVIC-7200NEX is a very solidly built head unit that not only looks good, but feels sturdy and well put together too. The 7 inch touchscreen display is glossy and isn’t as hard to see in direct sunlight as some other touchscreens I’ve used before. I would prefer the screen was a little brighter instead of dimming during night time driving but overall it functions very well once you adjust the brightness accordingly.
This multimedia system from Pioneer is packed with tons of features which can be overwhelming at first if you have never seen this kind of thing before. It’s easy enough to use though after you get familiar with everything that there is available on it since it’s just like operating iPod or smartphone device.
If you’re always longing to have the newest technology then this is definitely for you. The Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX is awesome.
I think all new cars should come with something like this because if they did, people wouldn’t be so dangerous while they are driving. Using the GPS navigational feature at night has been amazing and has also helped me find stuff quicker than ever before when I’m trying to rush somewhere. The sound quality with this screen is also very good, with the subwoofer output being deep and rich which enhances my music listening experience with no distortion whatsoever.
New key features
AVICSYNC App: Pioneer’s AVICSYNC app (for Android and iOS) connects to the receiver wirelessly using Bluetooth. With this app, users can operate and control the latest compatible apps on their smartphone through the Pioneer head unit .
Compatible with Pandora and iHeart Radio: The free Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services offer access to millions of songs each month. Both Pandora and iHeartRadio are integrated into the AVIC-7200NEX as sources for music playback. You can select from one or more specific channels for playback from both online services (the head unit will need to be registered with the service first).
AM/FM tuner: The Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX features a built-in AM/FM tuner with RDS.
Pros and Cons
- Touchscreen functionality is responsive and turns on/off automatically when vehicle ignition is turned on/off.
- GPS works good with no loss signal.
- Bluetooth feature has been reliable during my test period.
- iPod connectivity has a dedicated slot for a specific cable which works well with Apple devices.
- Audio quality sounds really good, especially if you upgrade to aftermarket speakers since there are preouts provided for this purpose.
- No built in GPS Navigation.
- Bluetooth connectivity isn’t 100% reliable with audio streaming, but works great for phone calls though which is what it’s intended for.
- No HD Radio or SiriusXM Satellite Radio preouts like on some other comparable models.
FAQ’s – Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX
- How much does the unit weigh?
It weighs about 6.3 lbs (including the packing material).
- Do I need to install any CD-DVD drive separately to utilize this product?
No, everything will work wirelessly via Bluetooth, so there is no need for any additional software or CD-DVD playback devices.
- How do I update the unit if there is a new version available?
The updates are released through the online service via USB storage device. For more information please contact us.
- Are there any wired connection options as an alternative to bluetooth connectivity?
No, the Bluetooth option has been added due to its convenience and ease of use.
- Does this unit have control over iPod/iPhone playback from those devices to continue playing music from those devices after it has powered off?
Yes, you can use your iPhone or Android device for this purpose by simply connecting them with the USB cable provided in the box.
The Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX is a very solid multimedia head unit for those who want an amazing sound system and modern technology in their car. GPS navigation isn’t as smooth or quick as what you would get from a dedicated GPS device, but it’s good enough that you’ll probably not notice the difference slightly less sophisticated turn by turn navigation compared to other models on the market.
Apple users will be happy to hear about Apple cable slot since most touchscreen head units require Bluetooth connectivity which can interfere with audio streaming if there are other sources connected at the same time. If you are looking for an excellent multimedia head unit with great sound, navigation, and tons of features then this is definitely for you.